Saturday, September 10, 2011

Friday Night Lights

Fall, everything changes colors, the air is crisp, candy corn comes out for sale, Halloween festivities, all these things get you excited for fall but the thing that gets me the most excited are the Friday night lights! I love football. Since I was little I went to every high school football game! It has always made me so happy.  Some of my most memorable memories in high school were cheering for football. I was a cheerleader only because I got front row seats to all the football game, ok, so maybe there were more reasons than that but that was definitely a kicker! Zach, my older brother played on the team in high school as the quarterback so it was fun to be able to watch an support him play.  Spencer, my youngest brother has followed that lead and is also the quarterback of his team this fall. He is the funnest kid to watch play football. You always know when Spencer has the ball that there is no reason to worry.  He just has everything under control out on the field. He is really good, but lets be honest its because of Zach's example.. and of course some good pep talks from me.  It is his senior year so unfortunately it is his last year to play high school football so we will see what happens.  Hopefully there team steps it up and is able to make it to state this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him! Even when Spencer is graduated I will still find a nearby school and go watch games. I hope one day I can have boys that follow after there uncle's Spencer and Zach and play football too.

No comments:

Post a Comment